Friday, April 15, 2016

Procrastination....is that a personality quality?

Helloooooo Friday!

Ok, so yesterday as far as eating goes was a complete disaster.  Cupcakes....too much lunch...the only part that I felt successful at was late night snacking.  I know you aren't supposed to do that but we do...all the time.  Normally my go to is the Homestyle popcorn...and whatever candy I can get my hands on.  Instead of going full crazy I had sunflower seeds and cuties while someone else who I love with all my heart, but I won't name names, went full bore on the cupcakes.

I really suck at eating breakfast...I loathe breakfast.  I try to eat it.  I eat like a cup of cereal and a piece of fruit but that is all I can stomach.  I loved when I used to make smoothies in the morning but they are soooo much work.  So I would buy the stuff...make one or two smoothies and then I wouldn't make them for a while and some of the stuff would go bad and I would just feel wasteful.

So hopefully eating is a little more successful today.

I didn't exercise...but I got my legs and armpits waxed...which makes me tighten up all my muscles when she rips that hair out...so I would consider that quasi exercise.   But in all reality, my biggest issue with doing any kind of exercise is myself and procrastination.  Anxiety is a really good feeder of procrastination...all the CRAZY reasons I can come up for not exercising would impress even the most seasoned fiction writers.  I always think that when such and such happens I will have more time to walk/run, do yoga, join a gym, etc. Guess what?  That thing that I am waiting for happens and I come up with another excuse which I come to after a full blown anxiety brainstorm.  I am not quite sure how to over come this.

Procrastination effects so many other areas of my life.  I have read every single web page result that comes up when you enter procrastination on Google.  The one thing I keep trying to do is to just accomplish ONE thing because in normal life that would get you on a roll.  Well when I am in an OK place it works for the most part, however, when I am struggling with my anxiety and depression it is literally like trying to remove some sweet 1990's wallpaper.  I start to peel it back and it rips off just a small part...so frustrating...so I go back and I try to do it again...this time I have a bigger piece but it still tears off and continues to be frustrating.  It also feels like I am literally dragging my body from one spot in the house to another.  It seems ridiculous I know, but it is a real and true part of my life.  I hope with time and with maybe some counseling that I can figure out how to not have these moments so often.

Yesterday, overall was a pretty OK day.  I got some new furniture delivered.  It is nice to have furniture to take up the walls...it kind of creates a homey feel...and with my gypsy ways...to feel at home is what I need!

With Love,  Tara

Here are some of my new items.

No comments:

Post a Comment